We are delighted to share the success of our pupils in yet another year of exceptional results at GCSE, AS and A Level.
2022 marked the return of formal examinations after a three-year hiatus caused by the pandemic. We are incredibly proud of the hard work that our students put into their studies this year to prepare for success in external examinations. We want to extend our gratitude to our teachers for their commitment to helping our students achieve highly and for going the extra mile and supporting them in realising their potential.
Students in Years 11, 12 and 13 have excelled despite the disruption to their education, demonstrating great determination and resilience. The overall pass rate remains 100%. Below are some of the highlights.
· 43% of exams were awarded A*/A grades, including 72 A*s and 146 As.
· 71% of exams were awarded A*-B grades
· 39 students achieved at least 3 A grades
Congratulations to the 9 students who achieved 3 A* grades
50% of students have already secured places at Russell Group universities; three students will study at Oxford or Cambridge; four have secured places to study Medicine or Dentistry. We are incredibly proud of these students’ achievements and wish them every success in the next stage of their education!
· 60% of exams were awarded A-B grades
· 78% of exams were awarded A-C grades
· The overall pass rate remains at 97%
· 47 students achieved at least 3 A grades, and particular congratulations to the 33 students who achieved four A grades.
Year 11 GCSEs
· 80 out of 214 students achieved 10 or more grades 9-7
· 17 students achieved 15 grades 9-7
· 129 pupils achieved 5 or more grades 9-7
· 60% of exams were awarded 9-7 grades
· 92% of all GCSEs were awarded 9-5 grades
· 191 students achieved grades 9-5 in English and Maths GCSEs
· 94% of students achieved grades 9-5 in English Literature with 63% achieving grades 9-7
· 82% of students achieved grades 9-5 in English Language with 38% achieving 9-7
· 90% of students achieved grades 9-5 in Maths with 63% achieving 9-7.
· 61 students achieved grade 9s in Maths!
· 58% of all Science exams were grades 9-7 including 72 grade 9s!
Congratulations to the 10 students who achieved 10 or more grade 9s!
Another year of amazing results – a huge ‘well done’ to all of our students!